Enjoy a day of youthful creativity in North Wexford!
There’s loads of free fun for kids to celebrate Cruinniú na nÓg on Saturday, 15 June.
Let their creativity run riot in Gorey and Bunclody where all events are FREE, local and activity-based. It’s a day for doing, making and creating, a day where they can share their ideas, learn new skills and have fun.
1. Join illustrator Corrina Askin for a hands-on workshop, What’s Your Story, in Gorey Library. The kids will learn to develop a narrative and/or character for their story.
2. Discover the joy of sewing as a lifelong skill and as a creative expression in Bunclody Library. Students will learn how to thread and use the sewing machine, learn about fabrics, and create their very own sewing project to take home!
3. Children – and parents – will have the chance to explore mixed media techniques using oil pastels, chalk pastels, crayons and paint – in Gorey Market House on the Main Street. Hosted by the fab Bracken Arts!
4. Become a radio star at the Radio Podcasting workshops in periphery space in Gorey. This is going to be based in the acoustically treated cinema theatre at periphery space, and the kids will produce a fab podcast of the day’s events!
5. Explore the world of wind power and origami in Bunclody Library. Put your own spin on traditional origami and see wind power in action!
Cruinniú na nÓg is a flagship initiative of the Creative Ireland Programme’s Creative Youth plan to enable the creative potential of children and young people.