Gorey Market House Festival continues its mission to find Ireland’s best pot of Jam!
Jam and Jamming is a ‘taster’ event for the Market House Festival. It’s a mini festival celebrating locally grown fruit with juicy strawberries that peak with the summer sunshine and raspberries, gooseberries, tayberries that shout MORE!
- Jam Competition
- Tasting Events
- Jam and Preserves Demonstration
Jam-making requires skill and patience and a little music in the background always helps, that’s the jamming bit!
Take part in our Jam & Preserves Competition – Total Prize fund Value €600!
- Mixed Fruit
First €60; second €40; and third prize is a Jam Making Kit.
There is an additional prize of €100 for the best overall pot of jam.
Other Prizes for:
- Best Man-Made Jam
- Best Label
All Jam must be home-made by the entrant
- Jam should be sealed using either a lid or cellophane and waxed disc
- Jam should be labelled with the category of the entry – entrants name should not be put on label.
- Entries must be according to the categories given
- Individuals can have as many entries as they wish
- Judging based on presentation, taste, colour and texture
- Ingredients must be listed
Entries will only be taken on Saturday, July 15 at Gorey Civic Centre from 10am to 12 noon.
Winners will be announced at Jam Making Demo in Gorey Library on Tuesday, July 25.
Returns will only be facilitated on Wednesday, July 26 from 3.30p.m. to 5p.m.
Cost of a single entry is €2 and/or €5 per three entries.
Put your best Pot forward!