400 Voices, 5 Venues, 4 Days, 25 choirs
- A Festival of Choirs will take place in Gorey, Wexford from Thursday, May 9 to Sunday, May 12!
The Festival will run over four days with 25 choirs consisting of singers ranging in ages from four to 80 performing in five different venues around Gorey. Singers from the counties of Wexford and Dublin and a choir from Gorey in Jersey will come to come together to share their voices through the universal power of music in aid of a charity that requires much needed funds.
The Festival Committee are delighted to welcome back the Gorey Municipal District, Love Gorey, Gorey Print, Poacher’s Well & Wexford Bus as sponsors of the event in 2019.
- The objectives for the Festival are to fundraise for the Wexford Hospice Homecare Service and for choirs to come together to sing and socialise in a non-competitive event.
- Wexford Hospice Homecare Service has been in existence for over 25 years and provides home care nursing and a support service for people who have been diagnosed with terminal illness, so that they can live as full a life as possible in their own home. All funds raised at the Festival of Choirs 2019 will go directly to the charity.
- This year, the Festival will also be one of the events that will be organised to celebrate Gorey 400.
- 9 May: 7.30pm, Post-Primary Schools @ Creagh School, Gorey
- 10 May: 3.30pm, Primary Schools @ Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey
- 10 May: 8pm, Gala Concert, Jazz, Light & Popular Music @ Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey
- 11 May: 2pm, World Music @ Gorey Library
- 11 May: 3.30pm, Acapella etc @ Gorey Courtroom
- 12 May: 7pm, Sacred Music @ St Michael’s Church, Gorey
NO TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR ANY EVENTS. DONATIONS AT THE DOOR.