In response to the situation in Ukraine Love Gorey have been contacted by several businesses offering collection and drop off points to send aid and support. Here’s is a list of the collections that we are aware of – Please send an email or social media message if there are others and we will include you in this list.
Gorey.pl Polish Cultural Association set up collections for crucial medical supplies needed to help treat people in Ukraine.
These collections are for FIRST AID SUPPLIES ONLY and donations can be dropped to:
– Devhaus, 68 Main Street Gorey (1st floor), Mon-Fri 10am-5pm.
– Wexford Arts Centre, Wexford, Tue-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm.
– Hickey’s Pharmacy in Gorey Shopping Centre, Mon-Fri 9am-6.30pm, Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm.
– LloydsPharmacy, Lower Main Street, Gorey, Mon-Sat 9am-6pm.
– Roche’s Allcare Pharmacy, 14 Main Street, Gorey,
– Grants Pharmacy, The Avenue, Mon-Sat 9am-6pm.
– Gorey-Kilmuckridge Municipal District Offices
– Civic Square, The Avenue, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
– Brooks Riverchapel, Mon-Sun 9am-10pm
– LTI Courtown
Oliver’s Car Service Centre is a drop off point in Gorey for non First Aid or perishable items. They have been asked by friends in the Ukraine to assist with their efforts to gather care packages that can be sent to Ukraine to help support the victims of this war. They have requested:
Nappies, blankets, food and baby formula
Soft mattresses, towels
Basic Hygiene and intimate products for women & elderly people
Clothes for children, women and elderly people
Cans and other food that can last a couple of weeks
They have a courier that is delivery these supplies free of charge weekly from Dublin.
Artist Suzi O’Neill is raffling one of her paintings “Ballymoney Sunrise”, all proceeds will go to humanitarian aid for our brothers and sisters in Ukraine. Tickets are €5 each and the raffle will take place on Saturday 5th March. Revolut: 0872255143 Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lantern Events are hosting a ‘Stand Up for Ukraine’ Comedy Gig as a way of trying to support the Ukrainian people during this trying time. It is on Sunday March 20th in the National Opera House, it starts at 8pm and tickets are €25 with all proceeds going to Irish Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal. The link to buy tickets is: https://bit.ly/StandUpforUkraine